Sunday, November 6, 2011

in typical fashion...

I wish that I could say that what I'm about to say is so not like me, but the truth is I am super irresponsible and super careless with anything that costs money.  I remember being pregnant and thinking, "how am I going to do this baby/mother thing?" when I can't even organize my own life.  Truth be told, that seems to still be the case, however, when it comes to organizing other peoples lives, I'm pretty amazing.  My kids stuff, no problem...my husbands stuff...no problem...my work, DONE!!!  I just can't seem to grab the same grip on my own damn life.  I wish I could say that it only happens once in a while, but the truth is, it happens at least once a day, with a varying degree of importance.  Now, with all that said, I am going to punish myself, I mean, at least I am going to try to, let's see how long that lasts.

It was my 11th phone lost, you know, since the smart phone became all the rage.  Everything was on that phone, everything was also on the phone I lost before, phumph (that's me spitting between my lips in annoyance, in case you were wondering how to sound it out!). I'm really annoyed at myself because, not only do I not have a working PC aside from my darling husbands work lappy, I hate blackberry's, and that is what I have saddled into, against my wishes of course, but looking a gift horse in the mouth isn't an option right now.

I have hit a bit of a plateau with my weight loss, it's been about 20lbs or so, and that's amazing, right?  It's really not, but I have to tell myself it is, because...because...because, that is what everyone tells me I should be doing.  When you have, I don't know, about 60lbs or so to go, 20lbs doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment.

I would have blogged by now about my Halloween festivities, except that I already have, MY PHONE IS GONE!!!  There, that's all that damn holiday is getting. :-(

RiRi was in town again, and yes, some of you may be thinking RiRi sure does visit Ese'me Street a lot for being British lived, yes, yes he does.  He is very fortunate to live the life of a world traveler, and we are even more fortunate to have him on one of his top 5 favorite places to stay.  One day, ONE DAY, I will get another stamp, Marcus is promising me a trip to Austria to ski and Australia to sun bathe, I'm holding my breath, because luckily for me my husband always follows through on his promises.

You know when you run into old friends, the ones that you were once super close with, but time and life changing experiences have drifted you apart?  The foundation you once layed still exists, however the roots have traveled into different areas in the ground, but if you trace it back, you'll quickly find your way home?  That's how I felt last night at my Holly's wedding, I call her my Holly, knowing all to well she isn't, because it always makes me feel like we are where we were 17 years ago.  I can actually remember one of our first conversations in Chemistry about how I told her only rich girls had binders like she did, hahahaha...  Spending endless days at her house, eating Salisbury Steak and Tater Tot TV dinners on end, me continuing to find ways to set her house alarm off and making her get in trouble over it, finding unmentionables in her mothers closet, over hearing wave crashing and seagull singing soft music coming from her parents room--knowing all too well what that meant!!!  Last night as I witnessed Holly recite her vows I was giggling in my seat, because she was having trouble repeating back the officiants vows, and I was quickly taken back to a memory of the two of us...It was our junior year, and Holly was having trouble remembering "Fæder úre..."  I on the other hand had a knack for memorization and we were behind the gym in front of the art portable, and no matter how slow or how minimal my words were, she just couldn't repeat back to me what I had said.  We were out there forever, but eventually we marched up to Ms. Fortner's classroom, and I stayed outside holding vigil for my friend, and she did it...she passed.  In true Holly fashion, she aced last nights exam too, except this time her reward is forever with Erich.  I am so happy that my friend has found happiness.  I was lucky enough to meet Erich when Holly and him were like on their 2nd date or so, and to see them now committed to one another like they have, is awesome.  I love her too much, and I am so excited for the journey she is on now.  Below is a picture of Lindsey, another oldy but goody, she is also an all time favorite friend, and then there is Jessica, I have known her all of my life, (her and my middle sister used to place soccer together like when they were 5), and Holly is very lucky to have her as her right hand wo'man.

Lindsey, Me, Holly, Jessica
(you know, after we took this pic, we all revised it knowing it would end up on sombodys blog, and we ALL approved, oh Jess)

I'm trying really hard to be the best person I can be, it is tough, I mean really tough...which got me thinking, am I not as good as I thought I was once?  I am a self proclaimed bully, I expect a lot out of people and am very difficult.  I would like to think that once the chance to get to know me has ceased, I'm a good force to be reckoned with and love is the only fragment left. Holly's dad asked Marcus last night if he was taking good care of me, and Marcus said "I'm trying", and Ron said, "it's a full time job, this one".  And I guess that is probably the most accurate statement there is, it is true, I am a full time job, however, I reap many a benefit.

Ps. I used to blog only from my phone, and it made it super easy for me to post...now that my phone is missing and only a blackberry is left, ugh, I will blog when I can, which means...I will blog when I can. 

Pss. I was just about to hit "publish post", when I heard some glass breaking, I get up only to find a frame of Adan had fallen and broken. Marcus is putting in a new window in Adan's room, and he has been at it all afternoon.  One of the many wishes that I have had for my son, is to recognize a "fixer" in his father.  And in my attempt to pick up the pieces on the floor, Adan says "noooo, mommy, leavey lone, daddy fizit".  My heart warms with happiness.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVED READING THIS ONE, SO NICE!! I MAY JUST HAVE TO MAKE DALLAS MY ONE AND ONLY DESTINATION, NO OTHER COUNTRY HAS ADAN AND THE LOVE YOU GUYS GIVE ME, SO WHY BOTHER GOING ANYWHERE ELSE?? LOVE YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete