Thursday, December 3, 2015

whose view...

He was loading the nail gun. It was easy for him. Many things are. I sat there, an onlooker, watching as he put up studs, nailed them secure and did the math in his head. I told him that I loved him, and he paused, looked up at me and said he loved me too. As he continued to reframe the wall, I told him how cool he was. He smirked. The kind of expression that leaves a gap of acceptance and security but one that is always guiding me towards his heart. He is beyond talented, in everything that he does. We started talking about redoing our house since we purchased it three years ago. We had always planned on someone, some company, coming in and doing the work. We have a rental in Arlington that he remodeled, and taking on a project of that caliber again, wasn't something I wanted, he wanted. But here we are, changed current...and somewhere along the way I have found myself living with my builder. Truth is, we could write a check for this. We could write a check for a lot of things, but we don't. He is that man. The man that wants to have his sons learn what it is to actually take care of a home and a car. He is amazing. He teaches our oldest the importance of knowing the difference between a phillips and a flathead, and in that same breath, extends instruction on loading the washing machine. I have said it before, how he is a way better father than I am a mother, and I love him for it. I don't waver for one minute in that truth. We are partners and I am beyond fortunate to have him lead our home.

I get a little bit of anxiety when I have to shoot kids. They are mobile, they are energetic and they have minds of their own. I get nervous because I want to do a good job. Then I realize that if I will just let them be, take a deep breath and follow them around, the shot will just present itself. May these sweet faces remind me you of what joy childhood is. Here are a few of my faves.






No comments:

Post a Comment